- 1 lb pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, shredded
- salt and pepper
- cooked hot Italian sausage (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mozzarella, tomatoes, oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a cloth and let sit at room temperature for an hour or so.
- Add basil and toss.
- Cook sausage and slice.
- Cook pasta, drain, and return to pot.
- Mix tomato mixture and cooked sausage in with pasta.