1/2 Photos of Penne Alla Vodka
THE ABSOLUTE BEST PENNE ALLA VODKA ANYWHERE!! CREAMY, RICH, TOMATO, VODKA SAUCE, WITH PROSCUITTO. I GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE THIS DISH!! *tip* squeeze the tomatoes to drain them so the sauce isnt watery
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 cup thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vodka (only a kind you would drink)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1In a wide pot big enough to hold all the pasta and sauce, melt the butter.
- 2add the garlic and cook until golden brown.
- 3stir in the proscuitto and cook for a a minute or two.
- 4add the tomatoes, crushed pepper, pepper and salt.
- 5simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6stir in the cream and cook for 2 minutes stirring alot.
- 7add the vodka and cook until it no longer smells strongly of vodka (about 3-5 minutes).
- 8cook the pasta as directed on box but al dente.
- 9add the pasta to the pot with the sauce and mix until it is all coated over the pasta.
- 10toss with the cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Alla Vodka
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.5
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 237.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: