1/1 Photo of Penne Al Funghi Porcini (Pierce Brosnan's Fave)
This is a recipe from Pierce Brosnan's favorite Santa Monica restaurant, Il Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi, and said to be one of his favorite dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh porcini mushrooms, sliced (or dried and reconstituted in 1/2 cup water, save the soaking liquid)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh Italian parsley
- salt and black pepper
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 236.59 ml chopped peeled tomato, liquid drained
- 453.59 g dry penne pasta
- 29.58 ml grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more for passing
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté the sliced porcini mushrooms with the garlic and parsley till tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Add the wine and let it all simmer until the wine evaporates, about 5-8 minutes. Add the tomatoes(If you have used reconstituted porcini mushrooms, add the reserved soaking liquid now) and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, boil the penne until al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce together with the grated cheese. Let cook for 2 minutes at low heat. Taste for seasoning.
- 4Serve piping hot. Pass extra cheese for sprinkling. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Al Funghi Porcini (Pierce Brosnan's Fave)
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 53.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g