Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Thin shortbread type crackers that go great with wine or cocktails. Makes a delicious appetizer topped with pear jam (Pear Jam) and toasted slivered almonds!
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated pecorino cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine cheese, salt, pepper and butter in a bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add flour and beat until just combined.
- Turn dough out on to a sheet of plastic wrap, roll into a log shape and wrap well.
- Place into the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Remover from freezer and unwrap. Slice dough about 1/8 inch thick. About the width of an average cracker.
- Bake on a silpat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes or just getting golden on the edges.
- Let cool on sheet after removing from oven for a few minutes then carefully remove with a spatula to serve or store.
Very delicious crackers. Nice and cheesy; tender and flaky. They are very easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly and the resulting dough was very easy to handle. I mixed everything in the food processor instead of a hand mixer. Next time I will make sure I slice them uniformly thin. Thanks for posting this keeper!