Recipe by Japanese Delight
By Michael Chiarello. He says to use it to season any meat or fish, and to use sparingly as the mix is potent.
- 1⁄4 cup minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup very finely minced pancetta (about 3 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the garlic and lemon zest on a cutting board and chop finely. Add the sage and rosemary and mince everything together until very fine. Add the pancetta and mix it in well with your fingers. Add the salt and pepper and gently incorporate all the ingredients by hand until the mixture resembles a moist seasoning salt. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.