Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
My work sends me a Healthy at Heart magazine. It is an educational program I signed up for. This recipe is insde the "Food for the Heart" magazine and developed by Canyon Ranch. I haven't tried it but I thought it might interest some of you health consience people.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, boned and defatted
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, minced
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 4 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- With a meat mallet, pound chicken between two pieces of waxed paper until 1/2 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly coat a baking pan with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine minced pecans and bread crumbs. Brush chicken with honey and coat with bread crumbs.
- Place chicken on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small saute pan, saute shallots in olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add maple syrup and oranje juice concentrate and bring to simmer.
- Serve each chicken breast with 1/2 Tablespoons of maple orange glaze.
Made this dish for our dinner last nite & liked it a lot. We found ourselves wanting to salt it, but DH hates adding salt at the table. So I added 2 tsp of soy sauce to the OJ/syrup sauce & it was just right for us. I also added the remains of the breadcrumb/pecan breading mix to the sauce & we liked that too - it gave texture & substance to the sauce & didn't waste any of the pecans used. Thx Mommie. :-)