Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I LOVE these! I got this recipe from my sister, who I think got it from Pampered Chef. They are made more like a bar, but are called a cookie. If you love pecans, this recipe is for you!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups pecan halves, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust, combine flour, powdered sugar and baking soda. Add the butter and mix until crumbly. Lightly press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the filling, reserve 1 cup of the pecans for garnish; chop the remaining pecans. Combine the chopped pecans, brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Pour filling over the warm crust, spreading to the edges of the pan.
- Arrange the remaining pecan halves over the filling.
- Bake 17-19 minutes or until filling is set in the center.
- Remove from oven, cool completely.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cut into squares. Cut each square in half diagonally.