Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovely little appetizers perfect for any holiday or gathering! Great for Easter witha ham dinner!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, ground pepper and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and cheese.
- Stir in flour mixture, then nuts and dill.
- Roll teaspoons of dough into balls.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet and bake 15 - 18 minutes.
These were OK; not quite what I was expecting. Tasted a bit too much like flour. Maybe next time, I will cut back on it just a tad and see how they turn out. I put them in the freezer and will bring them out for the next time my friend is over for wine and appetizers and I'll get a second opinion!