Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We love pecans and scallops. In addition, trying new salsa recipes is something that I have had fun playing around with lately. So the combination just seemed to blend perfectly.
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon season all seasoning
- 1 lb sea scallops, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Black Bean Salsa
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup blood orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine pecans and seasonings. Roll scallops into pecan mixture and set aside. Heat butter and oil in skillet on medium high heat. Saute scallops in oil, cooking 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Black Bean Salsa.
- For Black Bean Salsa, combine all ingredients, mixing well. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.