Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious and quick light salad. Courtesy of Bread and Chocolate Bakery Cafe in Newton, Massachusetts.
- 4 ounces log goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans (chopped fine)
- 8 cups assorted spring greens (approximately 2 cups per serving)
- 1 granny smith apple (cut into matchstick size)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and oven toast 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and chop fine.
- Roll the log of goat cheese in toasted pecans.
- Slice into 8 slices and set aside.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Dress greens 'lightly' with vinaigrette and toss; remaining dressing will be drizzled on each serving.
- Transfer greens to a serving plate.
- Add 2 slices of the pecan-encrusted goat cheese to each serving.
- Top salad with the Granny Smith matchsticks.
- Drizzle each serving with the remaining vinaigrette and serve; drizzle some around the plate for presentation.
I just made this dressing, and although skeptical, decided that since the portion was small, it would be okay to get rid of if it didn't work. Good thing the portions were small! These flavors didn't work at all. If I had used real maple syrup and the proportions were better, however, it may have tasted enough to get a star or two.....NO STARS FROM ME!