A delicious and quick light salad. Courtesy of Bread and Chocolate Bakery Cafe in Newton, Massachusetts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces log goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (chopped fine)
- 8 cups assorted spring greens (approximately 2 cups per serving)
- 1 granny smith apple (cut into matchstick size)
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Spread pecans on a baking sheet and oven toast 10-15 minutes.
- 3Let cool and chop fine.
- 4Roll the log of goat cheese in toasted pecans.
- 5Slice into 8 slices and set aside.
- 6Whisk together the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 7Dress greens 'lightly' with vinaigrette and toss; remaining dressing will be drizzled on each serving.
- 8Transfer greens to a serving plate.
- 9Add 2 slices of the pecan-encrusted goat cheese to each serving.
- 10Top salad with the Granny Smith matchsticks.
- 11Drizzle each serving with the remaining vinaigrette and serve; drizzle some around the plate for presentation.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Encrusted Goat Cheese Salad W/Maple Vinaigrette Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.9
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 586.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: