Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from my aunt. They are so good!
Make and share this Pecan Dainties recipe from Food.com.
- Beat the egg whites until they form a peak.
- Combine sugar and pecans.
- Add to egg whites.
- Drop with a teaspoon on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the oven off.
- Leave the pecan dainties in the oven for 30 minutes.
Oh my, these are so good! My favorite of all the new 'cookie' recipes I made this year. They're full of sweet, crispy, melt in your mouth, pecan flavor. Yum! I chopped the pecans rather than using halves, and I got about 30 dainties. They were darker than shown in the pictures - a very beautiful light brown.
These were good but I didn't know how many dainties I was supposed to get for 4 servings. I doubled the recipe and used powdered egg whites which whip up as nice as fresh. I think I would prefer the pecans chopped up next time, my preference.I wouuldn't double the recipe next time as this makes a lot. It made 2 large cookie sheets plus another 8 on a smaller sheet. I meant to count them but we started eating them as soon as they came out of the oven.