Recipe by QueenBee49444
This recipe comes from the book "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder" by Joanne Fluke. I read the book while on vacation this summer & enjoyed it. I want to pass the book on to my swap partner in the Used Media Swap. I'm posting the recipe here even though I have not made the chews yet. I hope to make them soon but, if you make them first, please post a review & let us know how good they are. The author did not indicate how many servings this recipe makes so I guessed. I will update when I know for sure.
Top Review by FloridaNative
Queenie ~ these were WONDERFUL! Made them this weekend, hosting an Operation Baking Gals bake-together and shipped to a hungry well-deserving soldier overseas, though I kept a dozen for myself :) Fabulous flavor and easy to make too. I got 40+ cookies and I used "wet-hands" to form the balls as my dough was pretty sticky. Keeper recipe. Thanks!
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten with a fork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, rack in middle position.
- Melt butter and.
- add brown sugar.
- Mix well and let cool.
- Add beaten eggs and mix.
- Add salt, baking soda, vanilla and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Add flour.
- Mix until flour is thoroughly distributed.
- Form dough into balls the size of a walnut with shell.
- Place them on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard sheet.
- Press them down with a spatula sprayed with Pam (or greased).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to set up on sheet for one minute.
- Remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Eat & enjoy.