This cake is not only delicious, it is also super easy to make and spectacular to look at. Great idea for last minute birthdays.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxbetty crocker super moist butter pecan cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box vanilla cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 Betty Crocker fluffy white frosting mix
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate-covered caramel candie (chopped in small pieces)
- As per package, beat cake mix with milk, oil and eggs.
- Pour into 2 separate 8'' baking dish, bake as per directions on package.
- For the caramel, melt together brown sugar, heavy cream and butter until sugar desolves and becomes creamy. Set aside.
- With a spatula, spread half of vanilla icing on toop of bottom cake, drizzle half of caramel.
- Place second cake on top and spread remaining icing, drizzle caramel on top and sprinkle with chopped chocolate covered caramel candies.