1/1 Photo of Pecan Bars Made With Splenda©
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I used the advice from the Splenda© website to make these pecan bars as diabetic friendly as possible without sacrificing taste or texture. They were a HUGE hit both at home and at work and no one knew they were healthified! This recipe calls for whole wheat flour which also adds a nice nutty flavor to the crust. If you do not use whole wheat flour often, you can freeze it so it will keep longer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces (use cold from the rerigerator, 1 stick)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned into cup and leveled
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, spooned into cup and leveled
- 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, spooned into cup and leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; butter and 8-inch square baking dish, then line it with two criss-crossed sheets of parchment paper and butter that.
- 2To make the crust, combine the ingredients in a food process and process until fine crumbs form; place crumbs in the prepared baking dish and press down evenly with your fingers (flour your fingers if the dough is too sticky).
- 3Bake just until the edges begin to brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare the filling: Spread pecans out on a fimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, about 6 to 8 minutes; coarsely chop (or buy them already coarsely chopped and toast them the same way, heh heh heh).
- 5In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, honey, and cream; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until slighly thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in pecans and vanilla; spread over the baked crust and let cool in the pan for an hour.
- 7Once cooled, lift out of the pan using the parchment overhang, and place on a cutting board.
- 8Cut into 24 rectangles.
- 9NOTE: These bars will remain fresh for 5 days if stored at room temperature in an airtight container. They also freeze well and can be frozen before they are cut, if you like (just bring to room temperature to before cutting).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Bars Made With Splenda©
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.6
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 26.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: