Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very simple and easy dessert to make, and such a delicious flavor, everyone will enjoy I'm sure!!
- Lightly grease a 14x11-inch swiss-roll tin.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl, Stir in sugar, then rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Blend egg and lemon zest. Press mixture into tin and prick pastry all over with a fork. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake pastry for 15 minutes, then remove from oven, leaving oven on.
- Heat butter, honey and sugars in a saucepan until melted, then bring to a boil without stirring for 2 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in cream and nuts. pour over base, return tin to oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cool in tin.
- Run a knife around pastry edge, invert on to a baking tray, place another tray on top and invert again. Cut into squares.
Amazing taste. Very much like pecan pie but not gooey. Recommendation: cover edges with foil as they can burn/overcook quickly while the centre is still cooking. You can also half the recipe and bake in a 8 or 9" square pan.
Delicious! The ingredients are the same as in a recipe used by a local four star resort. We decided to serve these this T'giving instead of pecan pie. I'm certain they'll be a hit! Thanks!