1/1 Photo of Pecan and Honey Bars
Chef mariajane's Note:
This is a very simple and easy dessert to make, and such a delicious flavor, everyone will enjoy I'm sure!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, diced, plus a little extra to grease
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon zest, finely grated
TO MAKE TOPPING
- 1Lightly grease a 14x11-inch swiss-roll tin.
- 2Sift flour and salt into a bowl, Stir in sugar, then rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Blend egg and lemon zest. Press mixture into tin and prick pastry all over with a fork. Chill for 10 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 4Bake pastry for 15 minutes, then remove from oven, leaving oven on.
- 5Heat butter, honey and sugars in a saucepan until melted, then bring to a boil without stirring for 2 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in cream and nuts. pour over base, return tin to oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cool in tin.
- 6Run a knife around pastry edge, invert on to a baking tray, place another tray on top and invert again. Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan and Honey Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.4
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 68.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: