Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ideal christmas party snack full of rich flavours. If you cannot get rocket infused oil normal olive or basil infused olive make good subs.
- 1 large French bread, stick, sliced on diagonal
- 2 tablespoons rocket flavored oil
- 2 small ripe pears, quartered
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 200 g blue Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup rocket (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10 mins turning halfway through. Leave to cool.
- Slice pears in half again and toss pears in lemon juice.
- Build the canapes by starting with a slice of bread then a slice of pear and top with the cheese.
- Put back in the oven for another 15 mins until stilton is browned and bubbly.
- Top with rocket and serve.
- As an optional extra walnuts can be added in step 4.