Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was one of 4 recipes in Parenting magazine based on the precooked meatball. I haven't tried this one yet, but the one i did try was great!
- 8 ounces cellophane noodles (in Asian-food section of supermarket)
- 12 precooked meatballs, cut in half
- 14 1⁄2 ounces reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 16 ounces frozen asian-style vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup peanut sauce (in Asian-food section)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tsp cold water
- Cook noodles according to package directions and keep warm.
- Combine meatballs and broth in large skillet; bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables; return to boil, then reduce to simmer, stirring occasionally. After 5 minutes, or when vegetables are crisp-tender, add peanut-sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, and cornstarch mixture; simmer for another minute, stirring, until slightly thickened. Serve over noodles with additional peanut sauce, if you like.