Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a terrific variation on a PB&J sandwich- or pitawich!- when you have fresh raspberries...
- 1 small pita bread (8-in. round)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter (I use natural)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 banana
- Spread the peanut butter, fairly thickly, on 1 half of the inside of the pita.
- In a bowl, mash the raspberries into jam. You can add some honey at this point if you like. Spread the berry mush over the peanut butter.
- Thinly slice the banana so it's layered evenly on top of the "jam". Fold the plain pita half over the filling and eat like a taco!
My son is peanut allergic so I will be subbing Soy Nut Butter but I KNOW he will LOVE LOVE LOVE this! He's such a "P" B& J kid!!
OMG, I am SO glad you posted this recipe - I'd have never thought of it on my own. The smooshed up raspberries add a wonderful brightness that makes this sandwich so special. I used frozen raspberries and a whole wheat pita. Thank you for a new favorite!
What a great lunch! I love peanut butter on anything, but I have never tried it with fresh raspberries before... I am glad that I did tho. A great varation of the PB and J!