Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom use to make this for us kids and it was good with a sandwich on the side. It is so simple, I was hesitant to post it
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (Creamy or Crunchy)
- celery salt
- oyster crackers
- Mix soup in small sauce pan per label directions
- Add 2 Tbs of Peanut Butter
- Heat soup on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until Peanut Butter is melted and soup is heated through
- Ladle into bowl and sprinkle to taste with celery salt
- Serve with oyster crackers.
I added a 1/4 cup of smooth peanut butter, and a 1/4 cup of almond wine which gives the end result a more complex flavor or adult version. Yum.
I saw this recipe and was really intrigued, this is my favortie snack in a liquid version! I love celery and peanut butter as if it was a drug, and this soup was pretty good and really diffrent. I added more peanut butter (used smooth since thats what I had). Over all pretty good for a really quick and simply lunch.
Good. A unique and tasty way to doctor up a can of soup. While I enjoyed the taste, I found it really did not have enough peanut butter to make it very noticeable. After tasting it as directed first, I decided to add much more peanut butter, probably 1/2 cup total. The combination of peanut butter and the celery flavor really is quite good.