Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another excellent recipe by Diana Rattray who says: "these cookies are easy to prepare and they're egg-free. Drizzle melted chocolate over these shortbread cookies for the holidays. Use a food processor or electric chopper to chop the peanuts for this recipe." I just posted this good recipe for Ms. B and want to share it here. Enjoy it.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts, very finely chopped (use roasted or honey-roasted peanuts for better flavor)
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla.
- Slowly beat or stir in the flour and cornstarch until mixture holds together. Blend in the very finely chopped peanuts.
- Roll out on a lightly floured board to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters and place on an ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Or, shape the dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet, dip the flat bottom of a glass in granulated sugar, and flatten gently to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until cookies are set and bottoms just begin to brown. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you like cookies with your coffee or coffee with your cookies, this is the recipe to make. I was looking for a Peanut Butter Cookie with a shortbread crumb/texture and the forum suggested this one. This is a different Peanut Butter Cookie from most recipes. I've been looking for this type of Peanut Butter Cookie recipe for a long time. Thank you