Recipe by yes_its_me_123
All in all, this sweet recipe is easy, and takes no time at all. When I make it for my family, it is gone within two days. My grandmother gave it to me, and she got it from her mother. I usually use a 7x10 inch pan, which makes it a little less than and inch thick. If you want it thicker, I would suggest a smaller pan. We eat a lot more than we should, so the servings might not be very specific.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Butter the bottom of a 7x10 pan. (You can use vegetable shortening but it might mess with the flavor).
- 2. In a large saucepan, (I use a 3 quart saucepan) bring sugar, cocoa, milk, and cornstarch to a boil.
- 3. Boil for 3 minutes.
- 4. To test if it is done, drop a little of the fudge into a glass of cold water. If it forms a ball on the bottom, it is done.
- 5. Remove from heat.
- 6. Stir in vanilla, butter, and peanut butter.
- 7. Pour into 7x10 pan. Let it sit until hardened. (To speed it up, put it in the refrigerator.).
- 8. Enjoy :).