Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried these yet, but they sound delicious and I wanted to save the recipe. They are not for those on a diet, though! Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- peanut oil, for frying
- whipped cream, for serving
- raspberry jam, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
- Lightly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; the batter will be fairly thick.
- Pour enough oil into a small, deep saucepan to reach a depth of 1 1/2 inches and heat over medium-high heat until the oil registers 310 degrees on a deep-fry or candy thermometer.
- Working in 3 or 4 batches, drop the batter by rounded teaspoons into the hot oil and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fritters to paper towels to drain.
- Keep the fritters in the oven as you continue frying.
- Serve hot with the whipped cream and jam.
- Tip: Keep the oil temperature 310 degrees to keep the fritters light, not greasy.