OB Nurse's Note:
This is a recipe I plan to use for my Christmas give-aways this year. It's from Better Homes & Gardens. I'm putting it here so it will be easy to find and also so I can add it to my Zaar shopping list when I do my Christmas cooking shopping (as all my Christmas give-aways will be from your submitted Zaar recipes!!). The cookie recipe follows and the filling recipe is in the directions below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For Cookies:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a bowl, beat peanut butter and shortening with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- 4Add brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat untill combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- 5Beat in baking soda, salt, and as much flour as you can. Stir in any remaining flour.
- 6Form dough into balls, using a level teaspoon each. Place 11/2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork dipped in sugar.
- 7Bake 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute then transfer to wire rack.
- 8For Peanut Cream Filling mix 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter, 3/4 cup marshmellow cream, 3 tablespoons milk, 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 9Spread one teaspoon of Peanut Cream Filling on flat side on one cookie and top with another cookie.
- 10Store in airtight container for 3 days. You can freeze unfilled cookies for up to a month.
- 11You can also make the cookies from a package mix and use this cream filling recipe.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cream Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (767 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 48.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g