Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I plan to use for my Christmas give-aways this year. It's from Better Homes & Gardens. I'm putting it here so it will be easy to find and also so I can add it to my Zaar shopping list when I do my Christmas cooking shopping (as all my Christmas give-aways will be from your submitted Zaar recipes!!). The cookie recipe follows and the filling recipe is in the directions below.
- For Cookies:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat peanut butter and shortening with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat untill combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Beat in baking soda, salt, and as much flour as you can. Stir in any remaining flour.
- Form dough into balls, using a level teaspoon each. Place 11/2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute then transfer to wire rack.
- For Peanut Cream Filling mix 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter, 3/4 cup marshmellow cream, 3 tablespoons milk, 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Spread one teaspoon of Peanut Cream Filling on flat side on one cookie and top with another cookie.
- Store in airtight container for 3 days. You can freeze unfilled cookies for up to a month.
- You can also make the cookies from a package mix and use this cream filling recipe.
Yum! Rich and delicious. I think I should have made them a little smaller. The cookie and filling ratio was perfect. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
These were great. I had my husband take them to work with him so I wouldn't eat them all. I substituted cardamom for cumin, loved it!
These are delicious. I could not imagine the cumin with the with the cinnamon but it is an unremarkable taste. The marshmallow creme tops this filling off. This goes down as an all time favorite cookie recipe of mine. Thanks for sharing OB Nurse