1 hr 32 mins
1 hr 20 mins
There is a lot of filling, so you might want to cut the filling ingredients in half, I like lots of filling in my cookies! Use only store-bought peanut butter for this not homemade. The cookies can be made a day ahead and stored in an air tight container. Just the cookies alone from this recipe are wonderful! Serving size is only estimated depending on how large you make the cookies. Prep time includes 1 hour chilling time for the filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, well packed
- 7 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (or use 2 teaspoons vanilla)
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare a cookie/baking sheet.
- 3For the cookies; in a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4In another bowl beat the powdered sugar, dark brown sugar and butter until smooth using an electric mixer.
- 5Gradually beat in oil, vanilla, maple extract and egg; add to the dry ingredients; mix until just blended.
- 6Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- 7Drop the cookie dough by level tablespoons onto a baking sheet, spacing about 1-1/2 inches apart.
- 8Bake for about 12 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- 9Cool slightly then transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- 10For the filling; in a medium bowl mix together chopped chocolate, peanut butter, powdered sugar and salt.
- 11In a small saucepan bring whipping cream to a boil, then pour hot cream over the chocolate mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- 12Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour until thick and spreadable.
- 13Spread a couple of teaspoons (or more!) of the cooled filling onto the flat side of one cookie.
- 14Top with the second cookie forming a sandwich.
- 15Repeat with remaining filling and cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut-Butter Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 238.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g