Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
The recipe comes from SPLENDA, make a good cookie for Diabetics. Per serving is 1 starch and 1 fat
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter, SPLENDA,brown sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Mix with electric mixer until the mixture is light and creamy, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after addition.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add peanut butter and stir until well mixed.
- Add chocolate and mix briefly.
- Roll cookie dough into 48 balls using approx.1 Tablespoon dough per ball.
- Place balls on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Dip a fork into water and press a crisscross pattern into the top of each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
These were very good. My Diabetic MIL & FIL were very pleased. Thanks for a great recipe!