Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes into a DELICIOUS BREAKFAST or BRUNCH!!! Don't laugh, if you never had the combination of peanut butter and banana, just try it.
- 6 slices day old white bread or 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 -2 ripe banana
- 8 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- honey (for drizzling)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt (1/8 teaspoon or less)
- butter (for frying)
- powdered sugar (for topping)
- maple syrup (for topping)
- Remove crust from bread.
- Lay bread out on a cookie sheet or on a piece of wax paper.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on each slice of bread.
- Peel banana and slice enough to cover every other piece of bread (3 slices).
- Drizzle a small amount of honey on each piece of bread that does not have a banana on it.
- (These are the tops).
- Place the honey drizzled pieces of bread on top of the pieces with the bananas to make 3 sandwiches.
- In a shallow medium sized bowl, gently whip by hand the eggs, cream, vanilla, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Heat skillet to medium heat, or until butter melts and begins to sizzle.
- Dip 1 sandwich at a time into egg batter and place into skillet.
- Cook until golden brown (about 3 to 4 minutes) and then turn to cook other side until that side is also golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and cut each sandwich in half diagonally.
- Top with butter, maple syrup and powdered sugar.