Alan in SW Florida's Note:
A twist on the old-fashioned banana pudding, using chocolate wafers, instead of vanilla ones, and peanut butter. Prep time does not include chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafers
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; whisk in eggs and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, over low heat until thickened (about 25 minutes.) Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Set custard aside.
- 2Spread a 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter between 2 chocolate wafers, forming a sandwich; repeat with remaining peanut butter and chocolate wafers.
- 3Place sandwich cookies in the bottom of a 3-quart glass bowl or trifle bowl; top with banana slices. Pour custard over bananas. Cover and chill 4 hours.
- 4Spread whipped topping evenly over the custard and sprinkle with peanuts before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter - Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.5
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 369.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 14.2 g