Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in "Prevention's Diabetes Diet Cookbook" and thought that it sounded interesting. A tasty nibble for peanut butter lovers. These keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal, extra fiber
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- Place the cereal in a shallow dish.
- With your hands, crumble into smaller pieces.
- In the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the raisins and milk powder.
- Process for about 2 minutes, or until the raisins are finely chopped.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Add the ricotta and peanut butter.
- Stir until smooth.
- Lightly oil you hands with vegetable oil spray.
- One at a time, shape the raisin mixture into small balls (2 level teaspoons each).
- Roll each ball into the cereal to coat lightly.
- Press to adhere with bits of cereal.
- Continue with the remaining misture.
- Set the balls in a plastic storage container.
- If there is more than one layer, separate them by waxed paper.