Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe we co-created with my young nephew in an attempt to get him to eat something other than chicken nuggets and pizza. Quick and healthy, we're happy with the outcome.
- Lay tortillas flat.
- Spread peanut butter evenly between then tortillas, completely covering in a thin layer.
- Drizzle the honey evenly between the tortillas on top of the peanut butter.
- Put one layer of thin apple slices on top of the honey and peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda, if desired.
- Roll up and cut into bite-sized pieces or serve whole.
- (Depends on who is eating this. As adults, we just bite in, but we cut it into smaller, more manageable pieces for my nephew).
A great, healthy little snack. I left off the splenda/cinnamon, and I took the advice of previous reviewers & diced my apple instead of just slicing. I used a Gala apple and peeled it also. I enjoyed this for a late Saturday breakfast - yummy!
It is imperative to grate the apple, or the tortilla will break when rolling. It was ok, the kids ate it at a recent party we had. Will keep on hand for kid stuff.
Definitely a keeper. What a great quick snack! Even the scoffers in my family loved it! Thanks!