Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
I don't usually post recipes I have not tried, but I came across this from Better Homes and Gardens,10/2007, and wanted to get it saved on Zaar. I can already taste my lunch tomorrow. Yum! This original recipe is to make four sandwiches, so if you are cooking for one you will have to adjust.
- 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1 crisp apple, cored and very thinly sliced
- 8 slices smoked bacon, crisp-cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl stir together preserves and cayenne pepper. Place 4 slices of bread on work surface; spread slices with preserves. Top with apples and bacon. Spread one side of remaining bread slices with peanut butter; place, spread side down, over apples and bacon. Spread sandwich tops with some of the butter.
- Preheat griddle or very large skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches, buttered side down, on griddle. Carefully spread unbuttered bread with butter. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bread is golden and sandwiches are heated through. Makes 4 servings.
I was very interested in trying this sandwich. I used cherry jelly and veggie bacon. It turned out good and I enjoyed it! I used gala apple. Thanks seesko! Made for PRMR game.
Hi there seesko, made these sandwiches and they came out fantastically! Unfortunately, I couldn't follow the recipe as posted as I didn't have peach preserves (personal preference) and had to use apricot preserves and instead of cayenne, I used crushed red pepper flakes. Used the whole grain bread & used applewood bacon, and used a Granny Smith apple. We enjoyed these thoroughly! Thank you for posting, Diane :)