Recipe by Sherrybeth
These are a HUGE hit at my house and are great for gift giving as they ship well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups peanut brittle, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, and butter in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Remove this mixture from the heat and cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk the dry mixture to blend.
- Add the brown sugar mixture and stir until well blended.
- Stir in the extracts and peanut brittle.
- Lightly grease and flour a 13 X 9 inch baking pan; press the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
- These can be cut into rectangular or diamond shaped bars.