Mary Scheffert's Note:
I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes, but these are really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned peach halves, drained (reserve some juice)
- 2 (29 ounce) cans canned peach halves, drained (reserve some juice)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, mashed to equal 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In a medium sized bowl, add butter or margarine to mashed sweet potatoes; stir to mix.
- 3Add raisins, orange peel, brown sugar, salt& brandy- mix to combine (add some of the reserved peach juice if mixture is too stiff).
- 4Place peach halves (cut-side up) in a 13x9 baking dish.
- 5Spoon some of the sweet potato mixture onto each peach half.
- 6Sprinkle each with brown sugar& chopped pecans.
- 7Bake 15-20 minutes.
- 8You might need another 8x8 baking dish for any remaining peach halves& sweet potato mixture.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peachy Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 114.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g