Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes, but these are really good!
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned peach halves, drained (reserve some juice)
- 2 (29 ounce) cans canned peach halves, drained (reserve some juice)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, mashed to equal 2 1/2 cups
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium sized bowl, add butter or margarine to mashed sweet potatoes; stir to mix.
- Add raisins, orange peel, brown sugar, salt& brandy- mix to combine (add some of the reserved peach juice if mixture is too stiff).
- Place peach halves (cut-side up) in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Spoon some of the sweet potato mixture onto each peach half.
- Sprinkle each with brown sugar& chopped pecans.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- You might need another 8x8 baking dish for any remaining peach halves& sweet potato mixture.