Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make with fresh or canned peaches. Can be made as a loaf, if desired.
Make and share this Peach Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped peaches
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease muffin tins or greased/floured 9" x5" bread loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, sugars and cinnamon. Make a well in the center; add the eggs, oil and vanilla and stir just until dry mixture is moistened.
- Stir in almonds, if using them.
- Stir in the chopped peaches.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
- If baking in the loaf pan, bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.
I have really enjoyed this recipe, however I have made a few changes to it in order to make it healthier for my family. :-) I have swapped out the oil for more peaches (I used peaches I had muddled with the intent to turn to jam, but never did!!) to make the total amount of peaches about 2 cups. I also added walnuts instead, as my spouse is allergic to almonds. Finally I cut each of the sugars in half and added a little bit of ginger along with the cinnamon. They taste AMAZING!! :-D
These muffins are simple and quick to make, and they require basic ingredients that are normally on hand. With that said, I find them very plain and way too sweet. That is subjective, I know. I still consider this a good base recipe that can easily be tweaked by adding spices, fruit, nuts, oats or whatever. Thank you for sharing!
I made these muffins this morning and they were FANTASTIC! They were so tasty for such an easy recipe and I loved the chunks of peaches in them. I will be adding this recipe to my short list of go-to recipes because they were that good! :)