Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make with fresh or canned peaches. Can be made as a loaf, if desired.
Make and share this Peach Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped peaches
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease muffin tins or greased/floured 9" x5" bread loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, sugars and cinnamon. Make a well in the center; add the eggs, oil and vanilla and stir just until dry mixture is moistened.
- Stir in almonds, if using them.
- Stir in the chopped peaches.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
- If baking in the loaf pan, bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.
I have really enjoyed this recipe, however I have made a few changes to it in order to make it healthier for my family. :-) I have swapped out the oil for more peaches (I used peaches I had muddled with the intent to turn to jam, but never did!!) to make the total amount of peaches about 2 cups. I also added walnuts instead, as my spouse is allergic to almonds. Finally I cut each of the sugars in half and added a little bit of ginger along with the cinnamon. They taste AMAZING!! :-D
I used half white whole wheat flour and half all purpose, canola oil, dark brown sugar(didn't have light) and used fresh peaches chopped, no nuts. They took 25 minutes even but my oven runs hot. And I made 12 and they didn't run over. Good texture, moist, perfect sweetness. I am wondering if the nutrition info includes the nuts or not.
These are horrible. I am amazed at other reviewers. Liquid to dry ingredient ratio is just not right, which was my instinct and I should have stuck to it. Half cup oil and 2 eggs for over 2.5 cups of dry ingredients??? They are dense and inedible. I'm sorry I wasted my bounty of tree ripe organic peaches on these. I am not even sure if other reviewers on here actually made the recipe, they surely could NOT be reviewing this recipe as is. Save your time, look for another recipe.