Make with fresh or canned peaches. Can be made as a loaf, if desired.
Make and share this Peach Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease muffin tins or greased/floured 9" x5" bread loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, sugars and cinnamon. Make a well in the center; add the eggs, oil and vanilla and stir just until dry mixture is moistened.
- Stir in almonds, if using them.
- Stir in the chopped peaches.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
- If baking in the loaf pan, bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.
I have really enjoyed this recipe, however I have made a few changes to it in order to make it healthier for my family. :-) I have swapped out the oil for more peaches (I used peaches I had muddled with the intent to turn to jam, but never did!!) to make the total amount of peaches about 2 cups. I also added walnuts instead, as my spouse is allergic to almonds. Finally I cut each of the sugars in half and added a little bit of ginger along with the cinnamon. They taste AMAZING!! :-D
Really the best muffins I have ever made. I left the peaches in slices and chunks and substituted the chopped almonds for ground. I think the almonds and the brown suger make these out of this world good~We ate 24 muffins in 6 hours!!! YUM!
I increased the cinnamon & vanilla to one teaspoon each. I kept the peaches fairly chunky, I like biting into the fruit in baked goods. I made mini-muffins, makes about 30. Bake for 15-17 min, depending if you like a little crispy bottom. Not burner by any means but we like having a bit of a crust. The taste is outstanding. A ton of flavor and would highly recommend!