Recipe by *Parsley*
Make with fresh or canned peaches. Can be made as a loaf, if desired.
Top Review by Sonia N.
Sarah M's review needs to be deleted! This is by far the best peach baked good I have ever tasted! At first I was skeptical because of how thick the batter was but once I added the fresh peaches it loosened up. In 1 hour it baked perfectly and I had a piece cut off before it even cooled all the way. Please try this recipe, you won't be sorry you did.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease muffin tins or greased/floured 9" x5" bread loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, sugars and cinnamon. Make a well in the center; add the eggs, oil and vanilla and stir just until dry mixture is moistened.
- Stir in almonds, if using them.
- Stir in the chopped peaches.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
- If baking in the loaf pan, bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.