1/2 Photos of Peach Baklava Flowers
This is so pretty! From "The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook". You can use canned peaches if you like. Posted for ZWT #6!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Spray eight 1-cup muffin tins with cooking spray.
- 3Cut each sheet of filo pastry into 8 squares.
- 4Line each of the 8 muffin tin cups with 3 squares of filo pastry, brushing butter in between each layer and on the top, overlapping the sheets at different angles.
- 5Combine the almonds, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle over each of the 8 pastry cups.
- 6Top each one with the 3 more squares of pastry, with butter in between each layer and continue to overlap the sheets at different angles.
- 7Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- 8Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, dissolve the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar in the orange juice; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer.
- 9Halve the peaches and slice thinly (you can peel them or not - your preference).
- 10Add the peaches to the syrup and stir gently to coat them; simmer for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 11Remove the pastry "flowers" from the muffin tins, and with a slotted spoon, remove the peaches from the syrup and distribute evenly in the "flowers".
- 12Drizzle remaining syrup over them; dust with icing sugar.
- 13Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if you like!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Baklava Flowers
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.2
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 174.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g