Recipe by Lambkyns
A recipe from Chatelaine Magazine: Wedges of golden peaches and slivers of Italian prosciutto liven up this summery salad. It's great as an appetizer or side dish.
- 1 peach
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 12 cups Baby Spinach or 12 cups mesclun
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 3 peaches
- 3 green onions
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing, peel peach. Coarsely chop. Place in a blender or food processor. Add vinegar and salt. Whirl until puréed, then add oil and whirl. Dressing will be quite thick. It will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 3 days.
- Just before serving, place spinach in a very large bowl. Slice prosciutto into thin strips. Peel peaches, if you wish. Slice in half, then thinly slice into wedges. Thinly slice onions. Add all to spinach. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with nuts. Toss to evenly mix.