Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great summer dessert. The recipe came from a neighbor of ours when I was growing up.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, oranges and juice, and vegetable oil on medium speed; add 4 eggs.
- Mix well.
- Pour cake batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- For frosting, combine whipped topping, pineapple, and pudding mix.
- When cake is cooled, remove from pan to serving platter.
- Frost cake with pineapple mixture.
- Chill overnight, covered.