Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found it! This is my favorite salsa. This is better than my Hotter n Hell. This is hot!
Make and share this Paula's Easy Homemade (Tastes Like Fresh) Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes (1 hot/1 mild)
- 1 (14 ounce) canpeeled tomatoes
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- In a food processor, add onion and jalapeño and process to your liking (if you want chunky, don't process very long).
- Add Rotel, tomatoes and juice, green chilies and process.
- Put in bowl and add spices.
- Chill for a couple of hours for flavors to combine.
- PS If you are brave you can add 2 cans of hot Rotel.
To: Paula Giles Your Easy Homemade Salsa is just dandy! I put it together and used it in Mysterygirl's Streamline Chimichangas. Sure made a fast and tasty dish. The two recipes certainly complimented each other. Thanks so much for sharing. My compliments to both of you gals. Sincerely, Laudee
Awesome salsa recipe! Used it for New Year's Eve and everyone loved it! The only thing I did different was add about 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Thanks for sharing.
Delicious!! We loved this quick and easy salsa. I used 2 cans of "hot" Rotel tomatoes and 1 jalapeno and it had just the right amount of zip to it. I also added some fresh cilantro, fresh garlic, and fresh ground black pepper. This salsa had so much flavor that it is hard to believe that it is so quick and easy. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! *Made for Easy Does It Tag*