Recipe by katie in the UP
I like everything Paula makes!
Top Review by greeneggs
my christmas crowd was split 50/50 on these some loved them and some really didnt like them. they were very easy to make, I used my cookie press and didnt need to chill the dough before and. I prob wont make them again, I had a lot leftover after our party.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried herbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Make sure cheese and butter are room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the cheese and mix until blended.
- Add the flour, salt and red pepper (I used 1/2 tsp) this is when you would add dried herbs if using, mix to form a dough.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up the dough, then place it in a cookie press, fitted with a ridged tip.
- Pipe the dough in 2 inch strips onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to racks to cool.
- I've discovered these are very tastey using dried herbs also.
- I've made them with dill but can see me making them with thyme and sage before too long.