- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups regular grits
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces grated sharp white cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 4-quart casserole dish.
- Bring the broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in the grits and whisk until completely combined.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the grits are thick, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cubed Cheddar and milk and stir. Gradually stir in the eggs and butter, stirring until all are combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the white Cheddar and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.