Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is time-consuming because each layer has to set before the next layer can be poured in. (I prepare it one day and unmold it and serve the next.) It's well worth it for a special occasion. I do this for Memorial Day and Fourth of July. At Christmas, I substitute lime Jello for first layer with 1 1/3 cup boiling water and 8 oz. can drained crushed pineapple mixed in. This is beautiful in a star mold, but also pretty served in another shape or in a glass bowl.
- 1 (3 ounce) package grape Jell-O or 1 (3 ounce) packagejello blueberry gelatin
- 1 1⁄3 cups boilinng water
- 1⁄2 cup canned blueberries, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄3 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- FIRST LAYER:.
- Dissolve grape or blueberry Jello in boiling water.
- Add drained blueberries.
- Pour in mold sprayed lightly with Pam and chill until set.
- SECOND LAYER.
- Dissolve lemon Jello in boiling water and refrigerate until just cool.
- Beat together whipping cream and cream cheese until well blended.
- Mix in cooled Jello and pour over first layer and chlll until set.
- THIRD LAYER.
- Prepare cherry Jello and pour over second layer and chill until set.
- Unmold by running knife around edges of mold or rinsing bottom of mold with hot water if it does not unmold easily.
- Decorate with a few paper mini-flags on toothpicks in Jello to make the salad even more patriotic!