This is time-consuming because each layer has to set before the next layer can be poured in. (I prepare it one day and unmold it and serve the next.) It's well worth it for a special occasion. I do this for Memorial Day and Fourth of July. At Christmas, I substitute lime Jello for first layer with 1 1/3 cup boiling water and 8 oz. can drained crushed pineapple mixed in. This is beautiful in a star mold, but also pretty served in another shape or in a glass bowl.
My Private Note
large m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package grape Jell-O or 1 (3 ounce) package jello blueberry gelatin
- 1 1/3 cups boilinng water
- 1/2 cup canned blueberries, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1FIRST LAYER:.
- 2Dissolve grape or blueberry Jello in boiling water.
- 3Add drained blueberries.
- 4Pour in mold sprayed lightly with Pam and chill until set.
- 5SECOND LAYER.
- 6Dissolve lemon Jello in boiling water and refrigerate until just cool.
- 7Beat together whipping cream and cream cheese until well blended.
- 8Mix in cooled Jello and pour over first layer and chlll until set.
- 9THIRD LAYER.
- 10Prepare cherry Jello and pour over second layer and chill until set.
- 11Unmold by running knife around edges of mold or rinsing bottom of mold with hot water if it does not unmold easily.
- 12Decorate with a few paper mini-flags on toothpicks in Jello to make the salad even more patriotic!
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patriotic Jello Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1858 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2662.0
- Calories from Fat 1480
- Total Fat 164.4 g
- Saturated Fat 102.2 g
- Cholesterol 560.2 mg
- Sodium 1717.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 246.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 173.2 g
- Protein 66.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: