- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- ghee, to serve (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups freshly grated coconut
- 2 cups grated jaggery or 2 cups soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon crushed cashews
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoons ghee
Directions See How It's Made
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Carefully add the water, a little at a time, stirring and mixing all the while to make a thick pancake like batter.
- The mixture should spread easily but not have a runny consistency.
- Set aside for 15 minutes approximately.
- Combine all the ingredients for the stuffing and divide it into 8-10 portions.
- You will now require aluminium foil cut into rectangles (approximately 4X6").
- Smear a little ghee on each piece of foil.
- Evenly spread 2 tbsps.
- of batter in the center leaving a good margin all round.
- Carefully add 1 portion of stuffing over it and fold the foil over.
- Fold the edges to make a neat rectangular parcel.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter and stuffing.
- Steam the parcels in a steamer for 15-20 minutes till firm to the touch.
- Open the parcels just before serving.
- Serve hot or cold with ghee.