Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
When sliced, this light textured Russian mousse loaf reveals a pretty layer of pink salmon. For a special occasion, serve with red salmon caviar on top.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 2 lb loaf pan with parchment paper and brush with oil.
- Cut the salmon into 2 inch strips.
- Place the stock and lemon juice in a pan and bring to boil, then turn off the heat.
- Add the salmon strips; cover and leave for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Cut white fish into cubes and process in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Lightly whisk the egg whites with a fork.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the egg whites, then the cream. Finally, add the grated lemon rind, dill and seasoning.
- Spoon half of the white fish mixture into the prepared pan.
- Arrange the poached salmon strips on top, then carefully spoon in the remaining white fish mixture.
- Cover the loaf pan with foil and put in a larger roasting pan.
- Add enough water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until firm.
- Leave on a wire rack to cool; chill for at least 3 hours.
- Turn out onto a serving plate and remove lining paper.
- Serve the mousse cut into slices to serve.