Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this online and want to save it here.
- 500 g dry penne pasta
- 1 brown onion, diced very finely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium green zucchini, grated coarsely
- 100 ml white wine
- 150 ml cream
- 120 g goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄2 bunch basil leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturers instructions. Time the cooking of your pasta so that it is ready at the same time as your sauce.
- Fry the onions, garlic and zucchini in a little olive oil over a high heat. Once the zucchini is softened and the garlic has begun to colour, add the wine, then the cream.
- Simmer for 30 seconds, then add the goats' cheese and pine nuts, then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss in the pasta and basil leaves and serve with grated parmesan.
This is mild in flavour, yet still quite tasty. I used light cream, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. The addition of hot chilli flakes (to the leftovers) kicked the flavour up a notch. The sauce to pasta ratio was spot-on, but next time along with the chilli flakes I'll add extra goat's cheese and pine nuts for a more robust flavour.
This is very tasty. I used mini penne because I had never seen it before and it was cute. This has such a nice flavor, I made exactly as written. Thank you!