Recipe by Luvfood
If you love sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes with pasta, this one is great !! Another one from Summer 2002 Bon Appetit.
Top Review by Allie 1123
What a great recipe. I was cleaning out my fridge before moving and I wanted to find a recipe that used mayonnaise and pasta. This was an excellent starting point. I subbed tomato confite for the sundried tomatoes as well as red onions for the green onions. I also added walnuts and pesto. Delicious!!
- 1 (20 ounce) packagefresh cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup other brine-cured black olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until just tender, but still firm to bite.
- Whisk mayonnaise and next ten ingredients in small bowl until well blended, season with salt& pepper.
- Transfer 3/4 cup dressing to large bowl; mix in celery, artichokes, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes& olives.
- Add pasta to vegetable mixture, then Parmesan cheese; toss to blend.
- Mix in more dressing by 1/4 cupfuls, if desired.
- Season salad with salt& pepper, serve cold or at room temperature.
- Pasta salad can be made 1 day ahead.