Recipe by TeresaD
Clipped from blog "http://fromaliceskitchen.blogspot.com/" who got it from Martha Stewart recipes. If you love garlic, salt & pasta this is a wonderfully aromatic and tasty dish. Don't be put off by the anchovies, they are in other foods you may already eat such as Caesar dressing and Worcestershire sauce!
- kosher salt
- 1 lb spaghetti (whole wheat is fine) or 1 lb linguine (whole wheat is fine)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 10 anchovies, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) Italian plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped or 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 3 ounces kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, fresh and coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt and pasta, and cook until pasta is al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, red-pepper flakes, and anchovies. Cook, stirring, until aromatic, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (undrained), capers, and olives. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir pasta into sauce. Cook, stirring, until sauce clings to pasta, about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- This can be served right away, at room temperature or it can be made ahead and chilled.