Top Review by Elmotoo
This didn't go over as well as I thought it would. We generally love anything full of cream & butter! Everybody ate it but nobody was very impressed. :( Are the vegetable measurements correct? I basically ignored them & used 2 small crowns of broccoli - about 2c - which i cooked for 1 minute by adding it to the pasta while it was cooking. I didn't use mushrooms. I used 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly & the sliced quartered, 1 carrot shaved with a peeler into strips & 1 zucchini quartered & diced. I added these to the cream & butter mixture to essentially poach them since none required much cooking. This sauce is kind of like a cross between alfredo & primavera. It is also kid of bland. I added some crushed red pepper & an extra dose of salt in addition to the s&p but it needed more *something* maybe cayenne? or oregano? I LOVE how the tomato sauce turned the sauce a lovely pink hue. Made for Veggie Swap 7/12.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons fresh black pepper
- 3 cups 35 % fresh cream
- 1⁄8 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 cup zucchini
- 1⁄8 cup broccoli
- 2 tablespoons cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add the cream and the pepper.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the tomato sauce and the precooked vegetables.
- Stir in the cooked pasta.
- Remember to cook it al dente still slightly firm to the bite.
- Whip the egg yolks with a fork and mix them into the cream.
- Whisk the mixture into the cream sauce and pasta.
- This will serve as a thickner.
- Make sure the pasta is completely coated with the sauce and serve with some parmesan cheese.