Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fast and easy!
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli, thawed, steamed to crisp-tender
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (2 to 3 oz.)
- Prepare bow tie pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and slightly brown.
- Add sherry; remove from heat.
- Scrape bottom of pan to remove any brown bits.
- Place farfalle in large bowl.
- Add mushroom-garlic mixture, broccoli, basil, salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese.
This was a nice meal with the portabells mushrooms and the sherry and Parmesan cheese topped it off1 Thanks for a yummy meal!
This is a wonderful, easy and versatile dish that I have made several times for my husband and toddler son. I made it as directed the first time and enjoyed it thoughI have made a few changes each time since that I've made it--used spinach instead of broccoli, doubled the mushrooms and added a can of diced tomatoes and kalamata olives. I also used whole wheat pasta. Okay, I guess I made quite a few changes--but the spirit of the recipe is still there. It is just a great recipe when you want to make something quick and substantional for dinner.
Made this just as written turned out very good and will make again.