1/1 Photo of Pasta Pomodorini - EVOO, Tomatoes, Herbs & Spice!
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This recipe is one my daughter made with her Girl Scout group at "A Kid's Kitchen". It sweet & spicy. Make it as spicy as you like. The heat seems to be tamed some by the sweet tomatoes. I really enjoy this simple dish Although it calls for fresh basil, I use a dried Italian herb blend. For the most part the amounts are flexible. Use more or less of your favorite ingredients. This recipe is very forgiving and easy to stretch. I'm posting for my own safe keeping cuz my copy is getting pretty battered! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb pasta, your choice but a hearty one is best, I use linguine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup garlic, rough chop, I used 5 large cloves, amount is flexible
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, I use more by sprinkling the bottom of the skillet
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half, I used less
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, can use 1/2 C torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, reggiano cheese, grated
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions.
- 3While pasta is cooking, heat 1/4 C olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- 4Add the garlic and cook until the garlic pieces are golden brown and crisp. Stirring constantly. Careful not to burn.
- 5Add the red chili flakes, cook for 30 seconds
- 6Raise the heat slightly and add the tomatoes. Simmer briskly to soften the tomatoes and thicken the juices, about 3 minutes. Season with salt. At this point I added more olive oil.
- 7When the pasta is al dente, scoop out 1/2 cup of pasta water and set aside.
- 8Drain the pasta and add to the tomato mixture. Toss to coat. Add the pasta water to thin the sauce and pasta. *I use approximately 1/4 cup, but this amount can vary. You may decide not to use any.
- 9Transfer to a warmed serving dish and sprinkle with parmesan-regiano cheese.
- 10Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.
- 11Serve immediately with a salad, crusty bread and WINE!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Pomodorini - EVOO, Tomatoes, Herbs & Spice!
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.8
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 201.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning