Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Whole wheat pasta gives this tasty vegetarian pasta dish a distinctive nutty flavour. Serve with a tomato and basil salad for a healthy meal.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the pasta shells, salt and 1 tbsp oil and cook for 12-15 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the vegetables and cook quickly for 5-7 minutes, turning them frequently so that they do not brown. Preheat the grill to high.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta, lemon juice, cream, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir well, then quickly pour this mixture into a gratin dish.
- Cover it with the grated parmesan and grill until the cheese is golden brown. Serve immediately.