Whole wheat pasta gives this tasty vegetarian pasta dish a distinctive nutty flavour. Serve with a tomato and basil salad for a healthy meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the pasta shells, salt and 1 tbsp oil and cook for 12-15 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- 2Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the vegetables and cook quickly for 5-7 minutes, turning them frequently so that they do not brown. Preheat the grill to high.
- 3Add the cooked, drained pasta, lemon juice, cream, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Stir well, then quickly pour this mixture into a gratin dish.
- 5Cover it with the grated parmesan and grill until the cheese is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.9 mg
- Sodium 539.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 23.2 g