Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
This delicious pasta is like a knockoff version of Pad Thai, but every bit as tasty!!! I'm sure that if you added cubed tofu or shrimp to this dish, it would be even more yummy. :) So, I hope you like it! I found the recipe in my "1000 Vegetarian Favourites" cookbook.
- 280 g dry linguine
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 225 g green beans, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the pepper flakes, chili powder, peanut butter, coconut milk, and tomato paste. (You won’t be able to mix in the peanut butter completely.).
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, before adding the pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside for the moment.
- Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and green onions, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add to green beans and drained pasta to the skillet and continue to stir fry them for 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and mix everything together well.
- Pour in the peanut butter sauce. Mix until the sauce has been combined well with the noodle mixture.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Serve hot.
Barely finished supper and come to tell you how nice this is!! The instructions DO need a bit of interpretation... pepper flakes, not mentioned in ingredients, I put in a healthy shake, green beans, do need a little pre-steaming, coconut milk, I put in a whole can, not knowing what to do with the 'rest', and if I hadn't I think that this would have been too dry and sticky for our tastes..... that said, this was Wonderful!! mmm! Making it again! made for PAC Spring 2008